Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome to The Life of a Theatre Actor

         Hi! I'm Potpot. I am 21 years old and a certified theater enthusiast. I am a  former member of the Samahan ng Mandudula sa PAC (SAMANPAC)- proud to be! It's a school-based theater organization where in I developed my talent in acting. This is my first time to have a blog and I am so excited to share to you my experiences as a theater actress. At first, I consider myself as a dancer since I am a member of a dance troupe. When I decided to left dancing, I auditioned in a theater group without knowing that I have the talent. I just auditioned for the sake that I really need to have a scholarship. Luckily, I passed the audition and there I found out that I have hidden talent- acting. I had portray roles in which I don't even imagine that I can portray in. I played the role of a child fortune teller,  mistress, a ghost, a so called "dalagang Pilipina", etc.

I missed the stage so much! I missed the crowd- their applause. I missed the feeling of seeing people getting amazed on what I am doing. I missed being an antagonist :-). I made this blog for me to treasure all the experiences that I had with my group mates. I made this to tell the world that being a theater actor is not only for fun but also it is also about sacrifice and hardship.. 

Let me share to you a video of one of our stage play trailer. Hope you like it. :)

 

 Coming up into this kind of stage play really takes time. You will  be needing a lot effort and considerations.
  1. Rehearsing every 5pm from Monday- Friday
  2. Rehearsing on Saturday or Sunday (whole day).
  3. Rendering extra time for the play that rendering time for school work.
  4. Paying for penalties once you you are absent in the rehearsal.
  5. Getting home late
  6. Getting scolded by your parents because of coming home late.
  7. Making props 
  8. Sewing costumes ( our organization has it's own sewing machine)
Those are just the few things that you will encounter once you are a part of the organization. How about before becoming a member?  Well, you will also experience usual things before you become a member.

  • Three-staged audition
  • Facing terror judges (I'm one of them. hehe)
  • Attending workshops like discussing the stage geography
  • Doing the four moods of acting (happines, sorrow, fear and anger)
See all of these considerations? They may sound difficult and may be consider as heck, at the end of the day, you will always feel satisfied if you really love what your doing. And I consider myself a theater actress by heart. :-)



2 comments: